Our Ref ECDF/5/1
23 May 2021
PROVINCIAL DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC PROSECUTIONS
NELSON MANDELA METROPOLITAN
EASTERN CAPE PROVINCE
ATT: Ad. Goosen
RE: DELAY DECISION TO PROSECUTE
I must sincerely appreciate your prompt decision to prosecute those we mentioned in our previous correspondence of which were pending to prosecute far too long in your office.
It must also be mentioned that our commitment is not to put your office under pressure but to assist towards eradication of corrupt conduct by certain individuals in all levels of government.
Also, our wish is to affirm our most components of our foundation to re-align our Provincial co-operate Governance Values improve by all means.
We have once again been made aware of the following criminal cases still pending for the NPA to take a decision to prosecute:
- Humewood Cas 521/09/2015- IPTS Investigation.
- Humewood Cas 445/07/2016 – IPTS Investigation.
- Mount Road Cas 662/01/2016 – IPTS Investigation.
- Zwelitsha Cas 117/05/2014 – Department of Education Zwelitsha
- Cambridge Cas 511/05/2013 – Department of Human Settlement
- East London Cas 521/05/2014 – Department of Human Settlement/SHRA Investigation.
- Zwelitsha Cas 38/08/2017 – Department of Education Zwelitsha
- Zwelitsha Cas 39/08/2017 – Department of Education Zwelitsha
- East London Cas 695/11/2008 – Buffalo City Municipality
- Cambridge Cas 785/05/2011 – Buffalo City Municipality
During the last visit of the President of the Republic of South Africa here in the Eastern Cape Province, he emphasized and reiterated his commitment to root out corruption that is cancerous during his administrative tenure by all means. He made us feel more committed as ECBONAFIDES Forum to our course to fight corruption that exists in our Province lately. It is unheard of to hear and read bad publicity by both Senior management and Political Deployed Members of Executive Council recently.
Please prevail as NPA to take decisions to prosecute without fear and delay.
Contact: Cell 083 2842197